Polyweld Machinery provides NATA accredited weld testing services through our in-house testing laboratory operated by our partner Pipetest Australia.
About Pipetest Australia
Pipetest Australia Pty Ltd specialises in material testing in the engineering field of polyethylene (HDPE) pipe, fittings, and structural and pressure piping in steel and composites. We conduct testing to establish the quality and integrity of gas, water and all other forms of polyethylene pipelines and associated fittings. Whether for testing, product validation, or product development, we will work with you to maximise the value of your quality systems with testing and quality control on your next project.
Pipetest Australia is an independent Western Australian testing company with the latest in mechanical testing equipment, CNC machines, with all work carried out in-house in a timely and cost effective manner with strict client confidentiality maintained at all times. We have an effective and efficient quality system which follows all the requirements of the AS/ISO/IEC 17025 standard.
Managing director Joe Parry has over 32 years experience in the engineering and construction industry. Joe started as engineering tradesman (boilermaker first class welder) and gained an Engineering Diploma in Metallurgy & Composites as well as an Engineering Diploma in Non Destructive testing and Diploma in weld inspecting. He has 10 years experience running and managing NATA accredited mechanical testing laboratories in the field of polyethylene materials and he has worked on projects all over Australia and Asia.
Pipetest Australia is a NATA-accredited facility. NATA accreditation is highly regarded both nationally and internationally as a reliable indicator of technical competence. The use of the NATA logo and use of a NATA endorsement on reports tells prospective and current clients that the facility has been assessed against best international practice.
Mechanical testing polyethylene Pipe Butt fusion Welds
Testing services on polyethylene pipe, fittings assemblies for pressure applications from 20-2000mm diameter pipelines.
- Tensile testing ISO 13953 of butt-fusion welds
- Bend testing BS EN 12814-1 of butt-fusion welds
- Peel decohesion testing ISO 13954 of electrofusion socket welds
- Crush decohesion testing ISO 13955 of electrofusion welds
- Tensile testing of HDPE pipe/stub flange testing (steel HDPE lining)
- ASTM D6392-12 test method integrity of non-reinforced geomembrane seams produced using thermo-fusion methods
- Mechanical testing on engineering materials as per client specifications
Quality Assurance services
Pipetest Australia has extensive experience in the manufacturing and engineering of polyethylene components and knows what to look for in good Quality Control and Quality Assurance systems and verify they comply. Pipes and fittings need to be inspected and tested to verify the components are fit for purpose in their application. The manufactured fittings and pipes used in Australian projects are manufactured in Australia and imported from overseas countries and they are required to comply with Australian standard specifications.
- Pipe manufacture inspection and test plan Inspections as per standard requirements. AS/NZS 4130 Pipes & AS/NZS 4131 material
- Fitting manufacture inspection and test inspections as per the standard requirement. AS/NZS 4129 Fittings and electrofusion couplings
- Inspection and test plan (ITP) compliance.
- Pipeline insulation projects QA/QC (Pre-start, production, commissioning)
- HDPE pipe insulations
- Steel HDPE lined insulations
- HDPE ocean out fall pipeline
- Carbon steel visual welding inspections
- Structural steel welding –welding steel structures as per AS/NZS 1554
- Pressure equipment welding and brazing as per 3992-1998
- Third party inspection as per project contract specifications
- Supplier inspections on all engineering components
- HDPE polyethylene butt-fusion welding procedures and personnel qualifications testing
- Overseas manufactures compliance audits and testing
- Hydrostatic pressure test inspections
- Surveys of existing pipeline wear and erosion of wall thickness
Failure Analysis Service
Failures occur in polyethylene pipe lines, and the fluids running through these pipelines (water, waste water, gas, chemicals, mineral slurries) are very valuable commodities. The environmental impact on failures in the processing and mining industry can have catastrophic affects and this needs to be prevented. This is where testing and quality controls plays a major part in the installations of pipeline projects
Pipetest Australia solves your plastic problems while keeping in mind your need for practical, cost effective and timely solutions. It is critical to understand the complex properties in the plastic material and how it will behave when in operation and within the environment to which it is subjected. Our knowledge of plastic material technology ensures our ability to solve your problems with:
- Polyethylene components, pipe and fittings
- Engineering components (metallurgy and composites)
- Insurance investigations
- Magnetic partial inspections
- Liquid penetrant inspections
- Ultrasonic inspections
- X-ray inspections
- Visual inspections
- Earth-moving machinery components NDT testing
Research & Development
Research and development (R&D) consists of investigative activities that a business chooses to conduct with the intention of making a discovery that can either lead to the development of new products or procedures, or to improvements in existing products or procedures. Research and development is one of the means by which businesses can experience future growth by developing new products or processes to improve and expand their operations and we supply testing to verify products, including:
- Polyethylene components
- Engineering components
- Safe work procedures
- Process work procedures
We also provide a service for making sure your next project runs smoothly by verifying and calibrating the welding machines, qualifying the welding personnel and verifying welding parameters and procedures at the start of the project. We can do all the inspections and testing, leaving the client with confidence before the project starts.
Other services provided
- Supply of quality welding machine data-loggers that can be adapted to any welding machine to record pressure and heat welding traceability reports
- Welder calibrations and services to all welding machines
- Welder hire
- Electrical equipment repairs, test and tagging
- Welding quality documentation design
- Welding personnel training with a registered RTO